"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

November 1, 2015

I know it's been quite awhile!

It's been a long time since I've been on here and updated y'all about what's been gping on with me and how I've been doing. Well, A LOT has happened since my last post. I've been married and divorced. I am living back home with my parents. I had a second tarlov cyst surgery on March 20,2013 in Dallas, TX with Dr. Feigenbaum (the same Dr.that did my first one). All total I have had six Tarlov cyst treated either by decompression or buy them being wrapped. I have a bunch of asymptomatic cyst running up and down my entire spine. We're hoping and praying that those never become symptomatic. I don't think I could physically or mentally handle another Tarlov cyst surgery and recovery. The second surgery was much harder to recover from. However, I think that that I had a lot to do with it I was going through a painful divorce at the same time. It'll be three years in March since that surgery and I am still healing from it. They say it takes a year to two years to heal from a Tarlov cyst surgery. But, it does take longer. I have been feeling very well lately since I had surgery on my hip on August 26, 2015. I have Abascular Necrosis or AVN of my left femoral head. AVN is where for some reason blood flow does not get to the bone and the bone dice. This can happen in any of the joints like your knee or your ankle, etc. It's a very painful condition to half and it took me over a year and a half to get a proper diagnosis for it. I was blessed to find a wonderful Orthopedic Surgeon in Baton Rouge that treats AVN. I had surgery on August 26, 2015. My doctor took bone marrow from my pelvic bone and injected it into the ball part of my hip where the bone was slowly dying. When they do a blood marrow transplant the hope is that it will attach to the good bone that's left and start producing blood flow to that area. If it doesn't work then I will have to have a complete hip replacement. I do not want to hit for placement at 34! I am almost 9 weeks postop from the surgery on my hip I am doing absolutely wonderful with it I have full range of motion in it it does not hurt at all and I am able to walk without pain. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We continue to pray and hope that this procedure works on my hip. The doctor said that if it works it will give me at least a good 10 years before I have to have a hip replacement. And I am perfectly OK with that. For some good news the Tarlov cyst foundation has been granted a little over $4 million to study Tarlov cyst disease. This study will take place at John Hopkins University in Maryland. My family and I have The privilege of participating in the study, because there are more than one of us that suffer from Tarlov Cyst Disease and Sjrogen's Syndrom; which has been directly related to Tarlov Cyst Disease. This is a HUGE deal for the TCD Community!! This is the first big study that has ever been done on Tarlov cyst disease. We are hoping that if there is a gene that causes this disease that they can find it. If there is not a gene related to the disease we are hoping that they are able to find out what causes this disease. And hopefully they may be able to find a cure! This is a big deal in the medical community. When this research is done it will be published and sent to Dr.'s and Medical Schools all over the World! This is a huge deal because 99.9% of doctors do not believe that Tarlov cyst cause pain and they are not taught anything about Tarlov cyst disease in medical school. Because of this it causes those of us that suffer from this disease to have to search for a doctor that believes in us to be able to treat our pain until we can have surgery and even trainer pain after surgery. So, prayerfully wants this study is complete there will be a lot of awareness brought to this "rare"disease! It's really not a rare disease. One out of every 10 to 12 people have this disease, but it is misdiagnosed and underdiagnosed by radiologist and doctors on MRIs and CT scans. And they can have the disease but still have a symptomatic cyst and not even know that they're there. Please pray for the researchers and everyone involved in this huge endeavor to bring awareness and light to this horrible disease that not only do I suffer from but my mom, my uncle, and migrating suffer from. It is not an easy disease to deal with at all! I have to stay it has been a whirlwind of the last four years since I've updated this blog. And I am going to try to keep it updated regularly. I have gone through a lot in the past four years but God has been faithful and he has provided me with his strength and his grace to make it through the hard times, and I am forever grateful to him for that. Like the name of my blog says this is just a season; and when I have learned in this season have been incredible things that I never thought I would go through or experience, but this season of my life has taught me many many things that I am so grateful for. Hopefully, a new season will begin in my life that doesn't involve sickness and chronic pain but since your happiness and gratefulness. I know that God will give me the desires of my heart to have a loving Christian husband and children of my own. That's all I've ever wanted and I will be content in my sufferings right now until God sees fit to bring that man into my life.

No comments: