"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

August 31, 2010

Good News or Bad News???

So, I went to my Rheumatologist today for a check up and clearance before my surgery.Come to find out I have low thyroid!


I had some blood work run a couple weeks ago and it can back low (she did a special type of Thyroid Blood Work that most Dr.s don't normally run for thyroid testing. Several Dr.'s over the years have tested me for Thyroid Disorder b/c of symptoms related to Thyroid Disease and this is the FIRST time it has EVER showed up!) It isn't severely low but because I am experiencing such severe fatigue she went ahead and put me on a low dose of Armour Thyroid medication. I will have a thyroid ultrasound when I return from Kansas City and am feeling some what better to check things out further!

I guess I could look at this as one more thing to add to my list of medical complications, diseases, etc. However, I am trying to learn to look on the bright side of things. So, I am viewing this as one of the reasons for my chronic fatigue and hoping that it is the cause of the chronic fatigue and not so much my Fibromyalgia.

All things aside I have been cleared for surgery from a Cardiac and Rheumatoid stand point. Now, if I could only clear myself in my head, my nerves, and my emotions I would be doing good!! LOL!

No comments: