"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

September 20, 2010

Doctors.....and Hospitals......Oh, My!!

Today was a day filled with many blessings and even more conformation that God is in control!

I had a pre-op appointment with the Doctor this morning. He was very thorough in explaining the surgery to my parents and I. He pulled up my MRI films and showed us the cysts and what he would do. The cysts are derived from nerves that is why they cannot cut them out! They will go in and drain the cysts and fill the cyst sacs with fat from surrounding tissues and then wrap them in sterile bovine pericardium so they cannot re-inflate. The surgery should take anywhere from 2-3 hrs. I will be in recovery for at least an hour and then they will transfer me to my room.

We also got to meet the Dr's assistant and his clinical coordinator that have made this surgery and trip possible! They are two very sweet ladies! They told me that I am Dr. Feigenbaum's 301st Tarlov Cysts patient that he has operated on in the past 2 years! They also took us to a map of the United States on the wall and it had push pins for every patient they have operated on. Patients ranged from Washington State to New York and everywhere in between! There was even another patient from the Hammond area! We wish we could find out who it is but with HIPPA laws that is almost impossible!! I might have to some detective work when I get home! LOL!

We went to the hospital to register and have pre-op testing with the nurse. They did the normal testing and blood work and questions and then we toured the floor that I will be staying on. The spinal and orthopedic floor is beautiful!! It is decorated in brown and teal blue just like my sisters room! LOL! The rooms are all private and have a bed for my parents to stay with me if they wish.

The surgery is scheduled for noon tomorrow but the Dr.'s assistant wants me to be at the hospital for 9 instead of 10 because she said she doesn't think the surgery ahead of me will take very long.

I have had a peace since before I got here about everything. I have even more of a peace now that we have met everyone and seen everything! I am still scared about having surgery on my spine but, I know that GOD is CONTROL and that I am literally covered in prayer! I feel all of your prayers!! One of my parents will update the blog after the surgery tomorrow. It will probably be late afternoon or early evening before they get the chance to do it! Thanks again for all the prayers and keep them coming!

In Him,

Lisa

No comments: