"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

September 24, 2010

Halfway Home.....to LA!

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon around 2:30 p.m. The Dr. came in at 1:30 and said that I was doing really well and asked me if I wanted to go home yesterday or today! I said, if I can go home today I want to go! LOL! An hour later I was discharged and we were pulling out of the hospital driveway!

This hospital is WONDERFUL! They have every hospital I have ever seen beat...hands down! They now what patient care truly is and they have their priorities straight! They don't care about money or revenue, they care about the patient and their families!! Hospitals at home need to take lessons from them! I cannot complement them enough on how wonderful they were to me and my parents!

Anyway, I digress! Yesterday after I was discharged we came back to our condo and I rested and napped on the sofa for a couple of hours. I am able to walk by myself, I just need help getting up and sitting down. The pain from the cysts is GONE! Praise God! I only have pain from the actually surgery and it is slowly getting better! I slept really well last night and was quite comfortable. I am able to take a shower today (they had me wait for an actual shower until 3 days post op to prevent infection). So, I am waiting on Mom and Dad to get back from lunch so Mom can help me get a shower and wash my hair! I know I will feel 100% better after that!

We will be at the condos until tomorrow morning and then they are moving us to a hotel suite in a quieter and nicer part of town! It will be very similar to the condo with a full kitchen, living area, bedroom, etc. Plus, they have a pool and sauna that Mom and Dad can relax in.

God continues to bless me and our family even here in Kansas City and for that we are so THANKFUL! We are also so thankful for our wonderful family, friends, and church family back at home that are constantly lifting us up in prayer! I would not be doing so well if it weren't for the power of prayer and loving people! Thanks so much for everything!! We love you all! We will be back in LA on Wed. the 29th around 9 p.m.

2 comments:

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

So glad to hear things went so well. Sorry I was so busy this week, but know you were in my thoughts and prayers!! Continue to recover quickly, my friend.

Lisa L. Watts said...

Thanks so much Megan for your thoughts and prayers! Miss you!