"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

September 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!

We are HOME!! Our flight landed in New Orleans around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday night. We had a very looong day of traveling and we are all so tired. I am so tired that I cannot sleep! I hate when that happens!

Anyway, we saw the Doctor, Wednesday morning for my post-op appointment. He said everything looked wonderful and that I was on track to healing! I don't have to keep my incision bandaged anymore and I can take the steri-strips off of the incision this weekend. He said that I had to wait for the wound to completely heal and for the area where they had my drain to scab over and fall off before I will be able to take tub baths or go to water therapy. That should take about six weeks. I still cannot bend over or pick up on anything over 8lbs for quite awhile. This is a slow recovery and I have to take it day by day. He said that once I am able to bend over that I have to do a little at a time and then rest. He also said that some days I may feel wonderful and back to my old self and then get a flare up-that is normal and could occur anywhere up to a year after the surgery. He said the flare ups can last anywhere from a day to several weeks and are more common in young women! Go figure! LOL! I will be able to drive in about a month, but I will not be able to drive my car because it is to low to the ground. I think it looks like my parents and I will be trading vehicles in the near future! He also gave me the orders to have my follow up MRI's at 3 months, 6 months, a year and two years. These MRI's are vital in making sure that there is no leakage from the corrected cysts and that no new cysts are forming. My first MRI will be Dec. 21st.

It is very hard for me right now not being able to bend over or pick up on things because this makes me rely on my family a lot more. I hate to bother them! I can't even shower myself or get dressed by myself because I can't bend over to reach my lower body. However, I know that is just a side effect and will be gone in a few weeks. Until then, I think I am going to enjoy the attention from my family! LOL!

The trip home yesterday was very long and eventful! When we turned in our rental car there were a lot of people returning cars. The rental car company was trying to processes the returns fast because there were a lot of people coming into town for the NASCAR race this weekend. Anyway, while my Dad was dealing with the paperwork, Mom went and got a luggage rack to put all the luggage on so that it would be easier for them to handle. In the meantime my best-friend called to ask me a few questions and I sat in the front seat of the car and talked to her while my parents took care of everything else. I couldn't help because I couldn't pick up on anything. Anyway, we got all that settled and caught the shuttle to the airport. When we got off the shuttle and got all of our bags off we realized that we were missing my Mom's laptop and my parents carry on bag (which contained all of their medications and other important info). So, my Dad grabs the paperwork from the rental car place and proceeds to call them while catching the shuttle back to the rental car lot! Mom and I were praying so hard that no one had stolen the items! When my Dad got to the desk at the rental car lobby there sat all of our things....untouched!! PRAISE GOD!!

So, after that scare we went through security and got settled and waited in the Kansas City Airport for about two and half hours. It wasn't to bad sitting because I was sitting on a pillow, but I did have to get up and walk around occasionally. The flight from K.C. to Dallas was wonderful! I was able to get up and stretch my legs and the Southwest staff was great in helping me on and off the plane and into a wheelchair and pushing me from gate to gate! We arrived in Dallas at 7:20 p.m. and left for New Orleans around 8 p.m. The flight from Dallas to New Orleans was HORRIBLE!! The pilot kept swerving the plane and dropping altitudes really fast and it made me really sick! Plus, I wasn't able to stand up any on that flight so I was in some pain when we arrived in New Orleans.

I was never so happy to see my baby sister and her friend waiting for us at the end of the terminal when we got to New Orleans! I don't think I have ever been more happy to step foot on Louisiana soil than I was last night! I missed home!

I am SO thankful for all that God has brought me through and what He will continue to bring me through! It has been a long, hard road but I am almost to the end of it! I wouldn't have made it this far without all of the support and prayers from my family, friends, and church family! You all are wonderful and I thank God for each and every one of you!

Oh, and when I arrived home I was greeted by a beautiful arrangement on my dresser from my best-friend and godchildren and a beautiful valance to match my new bedroom set that my she made for me while I was gone! She is such a wonderful friend and I don't know what I would do without her!

I am going to bed now and probably will sleep until late tomorrow! We are all so exhausted! Thanks again, for all of your prayers and please keep them coming as I still have a long road of recovery ahead of me!

In Him,

Lisa

No comments: