"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

September 25, 2010

Still Counting My Blessings!!

Today we moved from our condo/town house on the medical center complex in Kansas City, MO to a Chase Suite Hotel in Overland Park,KS.

I have been so blessed and God's hand has been on everything regarding this trip! The Tarlov Cyst Foundation put my family and I up in the town house/condo on the medical center complex for a minimal fee per night. Then my Dr's office put us up in this delightful suite in Overland Park, KS for free! What a blessing!! We are just over the KS state line and we are in a better part of town and it is quieter here. The temperature here in KS tonight is a low of 49 and a high tomorrow of 65! It feels great!! You can certainly feel fall in the air here!

The ride today from the medical center complex to KS was about an hour with traffic and stopping for lunch, and finally finding my Mom a Sonic so she could have her Route 44 Diet Coke with extra ice!! LOL! The ride for me was somewhat uncomfortable even though I was sitting in the front seat with it partly reclined. When we arrived at the hotel suite I was having a lot of pain and spasms. I took my medicine and laid down for a little while and rested. I am still in some pain but that is to be expected. I just hope the plane ride home won't result in the same outcome as the car ride today!

We are currently watching the LSU game (well, I'm not I am listening to it) my Dad is though! I have enjoyed spending time with my parents even if it consists of them having to take care of me sometimes. We are all looking forward to finding a Craker Barrel or something like it for some good, hot food for Sunday dinner tomorrow! We are all tired of hospital cafeteria food and fast food but, at least we have food!

I leave you with the words to one of my favorite songs by Amy Grant, "Count Your Blessing" May we all fall asleep counting our blessings tonight!

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep
You will fall asleep counting your blessings

No comments: