"To Everything There is A Season, and a Time for EVERY Purpose Under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

September 19, 2010

We Have Arrived!!

We arrived safely in Kansas City yesterday evening around 6:45 p.m. after getting a rental car and trying to find our condo in an unfamiliar city while driving in the dark and the pouring down rain, we all finally got to bed around midnight last night! We are thankful for safe and uneventful travels here!

Today we went to the town of Mansfield, MO which is about 3 hours away and visited the Laura Ingalls Wilder home and museum. I have ALWAYS been a HUGE Laura Ingalls Wilder fan, so this was especially exciting for me and I was in my own little world today! It was a great distraction from all of the activities of the upcoming week. You can see my pictures from the home on my Facebook page.

Tomorrow I will see and meet the Doctor for the first time and have a pre-op appointment with him. Then I will go to the hospital to pre-register and get blood work and stuff done. We plan on spending the remainder of the day resting in our condo.

As of right now my surgery is scheduled for noon on Tuesday and should last around 2-3 hrs. We have to be at the hospital for 10 a.m. on Tuesday morning. However, times are subject to change when we see the Dr. tomorrow depending on his surgery schedule and the hospitals.

I want to thank everyone for all of the out pouring of prayers, support, words of encouragement, text messages, phone calls, cards, and most of all your love! I couldn't make it though this without God, my family, and my wonderful friends! May God's Blessings be upon each and every one of you in a special way! Goodnight! I will update later tomorrow evening or night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping the blog updated! I'll be reading along just might not get to post much! Praying for you!

Unknown said...

Lisa, Mr. Steve and I are praying for you,sweetheart, and your mom and dad. God will guide that surgeon's hands and you will quickly recover.
Love,
Mrs. Sharon

DEC said...

Lisa (& Eddie & Jeannie),
We prayed for you guys yesterday in church and today in staff meeting. God bless tomorrow!

Bro. David